Sunday, September 7, 2014
1. Remember the night rehearsal this Tuesday from 6-8 pm, students need to be on the practice field at 6 pm. We will not have the regular 3:30 to 5:30 rehearsal that day, but will be back on regular schedule Thursday.
2. We will have a drumline rehearsal tomorrow (Monday) from 3:30 to 4:45 to help get caught up on music. Front Ensemble will not need to be at this rehearsal, but will need to be there next Monday.
3. It all changes this Friday: Uniforms!! Students will need to invest in long black socks. I have gloves available for wind players for $2 a piece. Treat them well and keep up with them, and they can last all season. With uniforms on, NO make-up is allowed, no jewelry including earrings and rings, and no fingernail polish. We need to all look the same - we need to look uniform. Hair will need to go up into the hat. Finally, food choices in uniform will be limited: Water only, burgers, hot dogs, and popcorn only and with no condiments. No Nachos and cheese. No Sprite. Parents and friends, PLEASE do not try to sneak cokes or pizza to band students. There is a valid reason for doing all this. Please respect that.
4. We start competitions in two weeks. Please help our food committee out by bring $20 to feed the students at every competition (5 weekends and 6 competitions) this season.
5. Report time for this Friday's home game is 5:30. It is earlier than last week due to uniforms being worn for the first time. If any parent would like to help inspect uniforms this Friday (just making sure they fit right the first time out), please join us in the Band Room.
6. Sponsorships are still available for trophies and programs for the competition. Remember - program ads can be a picture of a students with a message beside it. And with trophies - you can sponsor one and request that your child present that specific trophy at the competition.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 5:35 PM