Monday, January 16, 2017
1) Congratulations to the students who made the All-West Honor Band! It is quite an accomplishment and one to very proud of. To everyone who tried out on Saturday - I am proud of you and know that this whole process, whether you made it or not, will positively affect you going forward. From job interviews to college admissions, this experience will better prepare you for life's challenges.
2) The Band will be working the concessions at the Basketball game Tuesday night. I have the parents that I need, but I also need 4 students to help out from 5:30 to around 9 pm. Let me know during class on Tuesday if you can help out.
3) Jazz Band will meet on Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:30.
4) Leadership team: We will be having a rehearsal with the current 8th graders on Thursday from 6:30 pm to 8 pm in the Band Room. This will be our first chance to meet them, talk to them, and answer any questions they may have about High School. So come with encouragement and a welcoming heart! We will also be playing instruments and spinning flags as we have a "rehearsal" with them.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 3:20 PM
Sunday, January 8, 2017
1) Three things to put on your calendar: The Ensemble Concert has been changed to February 28 at 7 pm in the Middle School Gym. This allows UTM's Faculty Ensemble to join us for the concert as our special guests. Also, the band will be serving a Fundraiser Chili Supper on Feb. 7. This will be similar to the Middle School's Chili Supper, so donations will be asked for shortly and workers will be needed. More info to come. Finally, we had to put the Miss Harmony pageant on February 25 because the school had already been reserved on March 11. I will sending out a flyer for that event later this week.
2) Jazz Band will meet tomorrow (Monday) from 3:30 to 4:30.
3) Students auditioning for All-West: Your audition times can be found at http://www.wtsboa.com/
whatsnew.php. You will need to find your way to Arlington High School on Saturday. I am proud of everyone who is doing this, and whether you make it or not, you have become a better musician for the effort you put into this! Good luck on Saturday!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 5:01 PM
Monday, January 2, 2017
1) Happy New Year! We get back to playing music this week. We will be looking for ensembles for the Ensemble Concert, passing out chair audition music, starting in warm-up books, and some other things from Day 1 as we prepare for the action-packed Spring Semester!
2) No Jazz Band this week. We will start next week.
3) Booster meeting this Thursday at 6:30 in the Band Room. We will be discussing our potential supper fundraisers within the next month among other things.
4) 11-12 graders trying out for All-West - make sure you check the What's New section of WTSBOA.com for the excerpts that you will be playing at auditions.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 10:43 AM
Sunday, December 11, 2016
1) Christmas Concert is Monday at 7 pm at the Middle School Gym. Free admission. Concert attire - no jeans, ties are optional, conservative dresses for ladies. Jazz Band needs to report at 6 pm and everyone else needs to report at 6:15.
2) We will have a fun finger food party immediately after the concert in the Middle School Gym Lobby. Bring your favorite snack, drink, and/or dessert and set it on the table at the beginning of the concert.
3) The Yankee Candle supplies have been shipped and should be arriving on Monday. Just be sure to get them picked up and taken home to the customers by Friday.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 3:59 PM
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
1) Due to an oversight, we are going to have to have our Christmas Concert at the Middle School Gym. There is a home basketball game in the SGC Gym that night. It's still on Monday at 7 pm, just in the Middle School Gym. Report time will be 6:15 pm, concert attire (no jeans or tennis shoes, ties are optional).
2) The Fruit will be delivered this Friday at noon. Try to find a way to get them home either by having your child bring them home or by coming by and picking them up. I will not be able to stay past 4 pm on Friday. However, I will be here all morning on Saturday for Breakfast with Santa if you want to pick them up then.
3) There will be an End of the Semester party right after the Christmas Concert on Monday. You are invited to bring finger foods and drinks so that we can celebrate a successful Fall Semester! We will set up the food in the Middle School Gym Foyer.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 9:06 AM
Sunday, December 4, 2016
1) Jazz Band Rehearsal Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:30
2) Afterschool rehearsal Thursday from 3:30 to 5:15 for Band and Percussion to get ready for next week's concert.
3) Breakfast with Santa this Saturday. I will need a few student volunteers. Report time for workers will be 7 am on Saturday, we will be done by 11 am. For those not working at the event, you need to bring the following donations to the Band Room by Friday:
Woodwinds: Plastic knives, spoons, styrofoam and/or plastic cups.
Trumpets and French Horns: Quart sizes of White milk
Low Brass: Quart sizes of Orange Juice
Percussion: Quart sizes of Chocolate milk
Guard: Candy canes
Drum Majors: Parchment paper
4) All West Auditioners - You need to pay the $10 for the audition by Friday.
5) Our 2016 Christmas Concert will be next Monday, December 12 at 7 pm in the Gymnasium. Admission is free.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 12:26 PM
Sunday, November 27, 2016
1) Jazz Band Rehearsal on Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:30.
2) Afterschool Rehearsal for ALL Band, Percussion, and Guard members Thursday from 3:30 to 5 pm. This is the one rehearsal that we have before the parade. Everyone needs to be there.
3) Band Booster meeting this Thursday at 6:30 in the Band Room. We will be finalizing details for Breakfast with Santa and picking the dates for the Spring fundraisers.
4) Christmas Parade this Saturday. The Parade begins at 4 pm. We will not have a bus taking us to the parade, you will need to meet at the Lighthouse Church at 3 pm. You have two options: Take your uniform and horn home with you on Friday and meet us at the Lighthouse Church, or meet at the Elementary school to get your uniform and horn off the trailer then walk down to Lighthouse church.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 12:29 PM