Sunday, May 13, 2018
1) For the people who volunteered to play for the Baccalaureate service, you will need to meet at Chapel Hill Baptist Church by 6:30 to play at 7. Please dress in Concert attire and remember to take your instrument home after practice.
2) Thursday is Graduation. Report to the Band Room at 6 pm wearing Concert attire.
3) 2018 Color Guard members - I will be putting you on the Focus list this week to get you sized for next year's uniform.
4) I will be asking for Student info forms and Parent info forms for members of the 2018 Marching Band. Try to get those in this week. Also, if you can, try to get your $50 deposit for the Marching Band fee in so that we can go ahead and pay for some of the things for next year's field show that need to be bought before Band Camp begins.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 1:46 PM
Sunday, May 6, 2018
1) No rehearsals this week. Seniors - good luck on your final Final Exams!
2) The Report time for the Strawberry Festival is 8:15 on Friday. If you are meeting us there, be at Bailey Park by 9:30 am.
3) Band Banquet Saturday at 6 pm in the Cafeteria. Please have your $8.50 per plate turned in by Wednesday to pay for the caterer. Also, please send any pictures that you want included in the slideshow to email@example.com by Tuesday.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 4:11 PM
Sunday, April 29, 2018
1) Drumline Rehearsal Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:30
2) Guard Rehearsal Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:00.
3) Full Band Rehearsal Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00 for the parades.
4) Booster meeting Thursday at 6:30 pm.
5) The Teapot parade is Saturday. The itinerary was posted last week. If a student just wants to meet us there in Trenton instead of riding the bus, I will have a permission form to do that this week. They will need to take their uniform and instrument home Friday if they are planning on doing that.
6) The Band Banquet is May 12 at 6 pm. Cost will be $8.50 per plate. More information will be given at the Booster meeting on Thursday.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:07 PM
Thursday, April 26, 2018
Trenton Teapot Festival Parade
Saturday, May 5, 2018
8:15 am Arrive at SGCHS Band Room. Load equipment on bus. Put on uniform pants, long black socks, and shoes. Wear shorts and T-shirt underneath. Put uniform jacket, hat, and gauntlets on bus. *If you are going to meet us in Trenton, make sure you take your uniform and instrument home with you on Friday.
8:30 am Depart South Gibson County High School.
9:00 am Arrive at Trenton. We will need to exit the buses quickly so the buses can move to the end of the parade route. Unload instruments quickly and put jackets, hats, and gauntlets on as you go to warm-up circle.
9:30 am Warm-up
9:50 am Line-up in parade form and wait to join the parade route.
Approx. 12:00 End of parade. Students will put instruments back in cases, put full uniform on the hangers, and then load the instruments on the trailer. I will need to attend the Director’s meeting after the parade. You may get watch the end of the parade, just make sure you are back by 12:45.
12:45 pm Depart Trenton and head back to SGCHS.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 8:09 AM
Sunday, April 22, 2018
1) Jazz Band rehearsal on Monday from 3:30 to 4:30. This will be the final rehearsal of the year.
2) Jazz Band Concert Tuesday night at 7 pm outside in the concrete area between the East and West Hallways (the same place it has been the last couple of years). I will have signs pointing the way from the gym entrance.
3) Color Guard rehearsal Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30 to 5 pm.
4) Great job Color Guard on the Mother/Son Luau on Friday night! I loved your great attitudes and I could tell it made the night that much better for the kids. It has been so awesome working with this Color Guard group this year!
5) Everyone is invited to the Band Banquet on May 12 at 6 pm in the SGC Cafeteria. It will be $8.50 per plate for everyone so that we can cover the cost of the meal. I will be putting out a signup list shortly so that we can get a head count for the caterer.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 5:59 PM
Sunday, April 15, 2018
1) Jazz Band will rehearse on Monday this week from 3:30 to 4:30.
2) Drumline will rehearse on Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:30.
3) Guard will rehearse on Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00.
4) The 2018 Spring Concert will be on Tuesday! 7 pm in the Gym. Admission is Free - invite your friends and family. Report time for the band is 6:15. Concert Attire.
5) The Mother/Son Luau, presented by the SGCHS Color Guard, will be Friday, April 20 from 6:30 to 8 pm. Color Guard members should have signed up to bring snacks and work one of the games. They will meet immediately after school on Friday to set up the Cafeteria. Report time will then be 6 pm for the Color Guard. I have passed out flyers to the elementary and middle school for male students from Kindergarten through 5th grade. If you know any other Mothers and sons who would like to join us, spread the word!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 1:10 PM
Sunday, April 8, 2018
1) Jazz Band will rehearse Tuesday 3:30 to 4:30.
2) Drumline will rehearse Tuesday 3:40 to 4:30.
3) Guard will rehearse Tuesday 3:30 to 5:00, but will NOT rehearse on Thursday. Both directors will be gone to All State Honor Band so we will not be able to have guard rehearsal on Thursday.
4) Color Guard make sure you sign up for what snack you will bring and what job you will work at the Mother/Son Luau on April 20. The sign up sheet is in the band room.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 4:42 PM