Sunday, April 23, 2017
1) Jazz Band Concert this Thursday at 7 pm. Jazz Band, we will wear all black and report at 6:30 pm. The concert will be in the concrete patio in the middle of the school. Free admission!
2) Jazz band will rehearse at their regular time on Monday.
3) Guard rehearsal on Tuesday and Thursday of this week.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 12:07 PM
Sunday, April 16, 2017
1) Our Spring Concert will be this Thursday at 7 pm in the SGC Gymnasium. Report time will be 6:30 pm. Concert Attire. This is a free concert, so invite your friends and family to a great night of music!
2) If I could have some students stay after for a few minutes after school on Thursday to help set up, that would be awesome!
3) Jazz Band will not be performing at this week's concert due to the separate Jazz Concert next week, but we will have practice Monday as usual.
4) I want to thank everyone for being so welcoming to the 8th grade students and parents at last week's meeting. I think they got excited for the upcoming year just from the atmosphere that was created at the meeting. Thank you for being such great ambassadors to your band and school!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:17 PM
Sunday, April 9, 2017
1) Jazz Band on Monday.
2) Guard rehearsals on Tuesday and Thursday until 5:30.
3) Booster meeting this Tuesday at 6:30. If you know any 8th grade Band parents, remind them that they are invited to this meeting also. We will be preparing for next year with Student info forms, Parent info forms, Band Camp information, the Fall Calendar, Tips for new parents and students, and a minor detail of ... the Field Show Reveal.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 3:29 PM
Sunday, April 2, 2017
Hope everyone had a good Spring Break and maybe enjoyed a good April Fools joke... Remember that the Field Show reveal is April 11, we will not have the booster meeting this Thursday because I will be at All State Honor Band.
1) Jazz Band will rehearse Monday at the usual time.
2) Guard will be having rehearsal this Tuesday and Thursday (we will not be cancelling these).
3) Remember to reserve April 20 (Spring Concert) and April 27 (Jazz Concert) on your calendars as our next two performances.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 11:52 AM
Sunday, March 19, 2017
1) Jazz Band Rehearsal on Monday
2) Guard Rehearsals for the Spring Rehearsals will begin on Thursday, not Tuesday of this week.
3) Butter Braids will be delivered this Wednesday afternoon. Be prepared to take your orders home to put in the freezer so that don't start thawing out.
4) Concert Festival this Friday for Band members in class. We perform at 2:20 at Liberty High School. Anyone who wants to come and watch us can do so. It is free admission, but plan to sit toward the back because the judges will be in the middle of the auditorium. A full schedule will be posted in the next couple of days.
5) We will be eating at Sparky's on Friday on our way to Concert Festival. Please bring your $7 for the buffet sometime this week before Friday so that we can pay before we leave the restaurant.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 2:49 PM
Sunday, March 12, 2017
1) Jazz Band rehearsal on Monday.
2) Color Guard workshop and auditions are this Monday - Thursday from 3:30 to 5:30. Remember to bring $20 to help pay for the instructor.
3) We are two weeks away from Concert Festival and we realized on Friday just how much work needs to be done during that time. Please use your time wisely and practice the sections of the two Concert Festival tunes that need your personal attention. These are two very difficult songs that will not reach their full potential if you are only picking up your horn during class time.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 12:42 PM
Sunday, March 5, 2017
1) Drumline Workshop and Audition this Monday through Thursday from 3:30 to 5:30 (plan on being done at 5 pm on Wednesday, though).
2) Jazz Band will meet this Tuesday because of a Faculty meeting on Monday.
3) Butter Braid forms will be due this Thursday, so make that final push so that we can be better set up for the end of the year as we will need to pay for Buses for the parades and the cost of the Band Banquet.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 3:22 PM