Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Itinerary for Gibson County Contest
Saturday, September 30th, 2017
9:30 am Report to Practice field with instruments.
10:15 am End Rehearsal. Load instruments and equipment, use restroom, eat snacks, load buses.
11:00 am Depart SGCHS. Make sure you have hat box, long black socks, shoes, and gloves.
11:45 am Arrive at Gibson County. Loading crew will unload. Props and trailers will be assembled. Use the extra time to go in the stadium, eat lunch, and watch bands. Do not travel alone!
1:45 pm Put on uniforms. Get your instruments.
2:10 pm Line-up and travel to warm-up.
2:20 pm Warm- up. During this time there is to be no talking.
2:50 pm Travel to Stadium. Keep your chin up and shoulders back the entire time. Look proud!
3:00 pm Performance.
3:30 pm Arrive back at bus. Put plumes back in plume box, put instruments in cases, put uniforms up properly. Leaders will keep uniforms on for Awards. Make sure you are back in the stadium by 3:45.
3:45 pm Awards Ceremony and announcements of finalists.
Performance time for Finals is based on Random Draw. A schedule for Finals performance will be
announced at the buses following the Awards Ceremony.
9:15 pm Finals Awards Ceremony
10:00 pm Load equipment and buses.
11:15 pm Arrive at SGCHS.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 9:44 AM
Sunday, September 17, 2017
1) Report time this Friday will be 5:45 pm. I posted the itinerary last week for the Liberty Contests on Saturday.
2) No design team meeting this Tuesday.
3) We are still taking donations of snacks and water for the upcoming games and competitions. We always do a good job of keeping the students hydrated on these hot days because of these water donations.
4) If you are working the pit crew this Friday, plan on wearing black shirts and jeans. At the competition on Saturday, plan on wearing black pants and black shirts (the pit crew polos if you have them). You are more than welcome to change out of these clothes after we perform.
5) Students, you will be wearing your white band shirts and shorts underneath your uniform on Saturday. You can bring a change of socks and shoes to change into after we perform. Also, you will need to bring money for concessions to eat lunch and an early supper at Liberty.
6) If any parent(s) are willing, we would love to have some fruit to feed the students after we get done with our 8 am Saturday morning rehearsal. We will finish at 8:45 am and I will have some tables down there at the field ready. Let me know if you want to help with this and I will get everyone on the same page.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 4:34 PM
Thursday, September 14, 2017
Itinerary for WTSBOA/Liberty Contest
Saturday, September 23rd, 2017
8:00 am Be on SGC practice field with instruments for a short rehearsal. Beginning of the show.
9:00 am Load instruments, use restroom, get on bus. Make sure that you have any money that you might need, black socks, your instrument, and clothes to wear when you change out of uniform.
9:30 am Depart SGCHS.
10:00 am Arrive at Liberty. Leaders will unload the trailer. Eat snacks and drink water while props are being put together. I encourage you to go watch some bands, also.
11:05 am Start putting uniforms on.
11:35 am Line-up, receive plumes and travel to warm-up.
11:45 am Warm- up in area A.
12:05 pm Travel to Stadium. Keep your chin up and shoulders back the entire time. Look proud!
12:15 pm Perform.
12:30 pm Arrive back at bus, put instruments in cases. Seniors will keep uniforms on to accept trophies, and go immediately back into the stadium for awards. Everyone else, get out of your uniform and go back into the stadium. Everyone must be back inside the stadium by 1:15 for awards.
1:30 pm Award Ceremony. We will clap and support everyone as the awards are handed out. There will be absolutely no booing or loud negative responses.
* We will have to leave the stadium and come back in between the contests so the workers can clean the stands for the evening competition. We will use this time to relax in the parking lot.
3:30 pm Evening contest begins. You can go into the stadium and watch bands/eat concessions. Do not travel alone!
4:20 pm Start putting uniforms on. This means that at the latest you will have to leave the stadium after Northside performs.
4:50 pm Line-up, receive plumes and travel to warm-up
5:00 pm Warm-up in area B.
5:20 pm Travel to Stadium. Keep your chin up and shoulders back the entire time. Look proud!
5:30 pm Perform.
5:45 pm Arrive back at bus, put instruments in cases. Leaders will keep uniforms on to accept trophies, and go immediately back into the stadium for awards. Everyone else, get out of your uniform and go back into the stadium. Everyone must be back inside the stadium by 6:15 for awards.
6:30 pm Awards Ceremony begins.
7:30 pm After awards we will take uniforms off, load instruments and props, and clean up the area around our bus. After all this is done, we will load the buses and go home.
8:30 pm Arrive at SGCHS. Everyone will help put the equipment in the correct place.
9:00 pm After everything is put up correctly, the band will be dismissed to go home.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 5:48 AM
Sunday, September 10, 2017
1) Design team will meet Tuesday at 6:30 to finish the skirts and guard barriers.
2) We are asking for donations of bottled water again as our supply is running out. We will need a lot as we start going to competitions in a couple of weeks. The water donated since band camp has gone a long way as students have been using it to stay hydrated during after school rehearsals!
3) This Thursday's rehearsal will be from 6:30 to 8:30 pm instead of 3:30 to 5:30. This is a special rehearsal designed for parents to get experience with pit crew and props logistics. If you would like to help out with the pit crew and/or on-field props, please plan to attend this rehearsal so that you can find a place to help out in the 2017 field show!
4) We will be wearing uniforms for the first time this Friday night at the football game. Make sure you get some plain long black socks and band members will need to purchase gloves for $2. Wear the band T-shirts underneath. No jewelry, makeup, or nail polish is allowed while in uniform. Hair must be tucked into the hat. I am also limiting the concessions menu as we want to preserve our uniforms. Water only, burgers or hot dogs with no condiments, nachos with no cheese. Please do not try to sneak any other drinks besides water or any condiments on the food. There is a good reason why I limit the menu and I ask that you follow the guidelines I have given for food.
5) Report time for Friday night will be 5:45 pm.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 2:50 PM
Monday, September 4, 2017
Away Football Game vs. Crockett Co
Friday, September 8, 2017
5:00 pm – Report to Band Room. Attire is Band T-shirt and Khaki bottom. No hats. Use Restroom and load up on to your assigned bus. Chaperones will call roll.
5:30 pm – Depart SGCHS.
6:15 pm – Arrive at Crockett County’s Stadium. Leaders will unload the cases. Get your instrument case and line up. We will march in with cases and unpack when we get to the stands.
7:00 pm - Game Begins. Pay attention to the game, cheer for the team, act in a professional manner. Be ready to play pep songs at any time. NO CELL PHONES! During the 3rd quarter, you will be able to get concessions.
9:45 pm - Approximate end of game. Line up and march back to buses. Take your instruments to the truck to be loaded and then load the buses.
10:30 pm - After all equipment is loaded and students are on their assigned bus, we will depart.
11:00 pm – Arrive at SGCHS. After instruments are put up properly, you will be dismissed as a group.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 4:35 PM
Sunday, September 3, 2017
1) Design team will meet Tuesday at 6:30 pm.
2) Booster meeting this Thursday at 6:30 pm. There will be more information about the Atlanta trip and we will start preparing for competition season. We will also be talking about our own competition - the Hornet Invitational!
3) Away football game at Crockett County this Friday night. Report time will be 5 pm and we will depart at 5:30. Attire will be band T-shirts and khaki bottoms. A full itinerary will be available Monday.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 1:19 PM
Friday, September 1, 2017
I just got word from Coach Stidham that the game is still on for tonight at 7 pm in Bolivar. We will perform our show as planned. Report time is 5 pm. There is no rain forecasted for tonight, but I would not wear good shoes as it will probably be muddy.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 9:02 AM