Sunday, January 7, 2018
1) Jazz Band will meet on Monday this week from 3:30 to 4:30 because I have Basketball gate duty on Tuesday.
2) Those students trying out for All West: It is this Saturday at Northside High School. You will find your own way there. Try to get there at least 30 minutes before your time to allow for traffic and warm-up time. You can leave after your audition is done. Good luck to all of you, I am proud of the work that you have put in already to this point.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 3:21 PM
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
1) Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed your break! Be prepared to bring your instruments and play during class on Thursday.
2) Booster meeting Thursday night at 6:30. We will start planning for our Spring events such as our January Chili Supper and Miss Harmony Beauty Pageant.
3) Our student teacher will be teaching more this semester and will need to video her lessons many of those times. She will be passing out permission-to-video forms Thursday for each student to sign and have their parent/guardian sign. Please get those in ASAP so she can start meeting the requirements of her teaching assignment.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 10:36 AM
Sunday, December 10, 2017
1) Jazz Band Rehearsal Monday from 3:30 to 4:30.
2) Concert Band Rehearsal Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:00.
3) Winter Concert Thursday at 7 pm in the SGC Gym. Free admission. Concert attire - no jeans, conservative outfit for ladies, collared shirt for gentlemen with ties optional. Report times - Jazz Band - 5:30, Percussion 6 pm, Band 6:15 pm.
4) For those with Fruit orders, please look to see if you went home with an extra box of mandarin oranges. We ended up one box short.
5) We have been given on opportunity for a private screening of Star Wars Episode VIII Thursday night after the concert. This is completely optional and is open to SGCHS Band students, their parents, and siblings 13 and over. You will need to get a permission slip signed and find your way to the Humboldt Plaza Theater at 9 pm. After a quick roll call we will start the movie. Have the permission slips and money turned in by Wednesday.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 7:03 PM
Sunday, December 3, 2017
1) Jazz Band will meet on Tuesday at 3:30.
2) Band Booster meeting this Thursday at 6:30.
3) Looking forward to the end of the semester, keep the following dates in mind: Monday, Dec. 11 - Jazz Band practice, Tuesday, Dec. 12 - Concert Band After school rehearsal 3:30 to 5:00, Thursday, Dec. 14 - Christmas concert in SGC Gym at 7 pm.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 11:20 AM
Monday, November 27, 2017
Sunday, November 26, 2017
1) Jazz Band will meet this Tuesday (not Monday) from 3:30 to 4:30.
2) The scheduled Parade rehearsal will be this Thursday from 3:30 to 5 pm.
3) We will be working the Basketball Concessions stand this Thursday from 5 to 9 pm. I already had some parents sign up at the previous Booster meeting and I will be asking for 4 student volunteers this week.
4) The Breakfast with Santa fundraiser will be this Saturday from 8 to 10 am. I will have tickets on Monday for Band students to sell. I will be asking for about 15 student volunteers to work. Report time for workers will be 6:30 am and we will be done by 10:30. For everyone else who is not working, I am asking for the following donations to be turned in by Friday: Woodwinds: Plastic knives, spoons, styrofoam cups and/or plastic cups.
Trumpets and French Horns: Half gallon sizes of White milk
Low Brass: Half gallon sizes of Orange Juice
Percussion: Half gallon sizes of Chocolate milk
Guard: Candy canes
Drum Majors: Parchment paper
5) The Christmas parade is this Saturday. We will meet at Soul's Harbor Church at 3:30 and the parade will start at 4 pm. You will need to find a ride there and you will need to get your uniform and instrument there. We will be taking the small band trailer for the drums and Sousaphones. It will be parked by the Elementary school by 3 pm. Wear uniforms and Santa hats - plain red and white with no writing on the hats.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 1:41 PM
Sunday, November 19, 2017
1) Jazz Band will meet on Monday. Please wear concert attire to practice so that Mrs. Walton can take the picture of the Jazz Band for the Yearbook.
2) Keep selling the Fruit this week. It will be due back next week, November 28.
3) Start working on memorizing the parade music. The parade will be the Saturday after Thanksgiving Break. It will arrive quickly!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:20 PM