Monday, June 18, 2018
1) Our third Wednesday rehearsal is from 8 to 11 am in the Band Room. I look forward to seeing everyone again!
2) For anyone willing to help with props, we are meeting this Thursday at 6:30 pm at the Band Room to put together the wooden base for the Pagoda prop and to work out details for the rest of that prop.
3) Upcoming seniors - it's never too early to start thinking about the Div. II State Marching Championship Scholarship program. One of the criteria for the scholarships is working up two solos - a faster "technical" piece and a slower "ballad". Mrs. Ison and I will help you out if you need more information to need help picking out solos.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:06 AM
Friday, June 8, 2018
1) Our second June Rehearsal will be Wednesday June 13 from 8-11 am in the Band Room. The first rehearsal went great! We are getting off to the start we need as we prepare for the Fall Season.
2) If anyone would like to help feed the Band Camp staff during the week of band camp, let me know and I will team you up with other parents. This will help keep the burden off of just one person feeding a whole crew.
3) Remember to: spend some time outside getting used to the heat, spend some time practicing on your own what we have rehearsed as a group - such as expanding your range with long tones and accuracy of rhythm, turn in your parent and student information forms, and start memorizing your music.
4) If you are interested in helping build the props, our first meeting will be Thursday, June 21 at 6:30 pm at the Band Room.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 4:58 PM
Sunday, June 3, 2018
1) The Leadership Team will meet Monday at 9 am for an hour in the Band Room to prepare for the Summer Rehearsals and to plan for Band Camp.
2) Our First Summer Rehearsal is this Wednesday from 8-11 am. Be prepared to spend part of that time outside working Marching Fundamentals. (If you haven't yet, spend some time outside over the next few days to get acclimated to the heat.)
3) Band Booster meeting this Thursday at 6:30 in the Band Room. Already time to start preparing for the Fall. We will be putting together dates to build props, putting lunch teams together to feed the staff at Band Camp, and a few other things as we look forward to the coming year.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 3:00 PM
Sunday, May 20, 2018
1) Thank you to those that took your uniform home to wash them after the parades. Please get those uniforms back in this week so that we can take inventory on all the uniforms as we prepare for next year.
2) Students can take their horns home on Monday after school. We will not have class on Tuesday.
3) Get your parent and student information forms in this week also. On a related note, expect to see occasional "Test" emails this week as we update our email contact list with the new Freshman Band Parents.
4) Our first summer rehearsal will be on June 6 from 8-11 am. We will also have a Booster meeting on June 7 at 6:30 as we prepare for the coming year.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 4:54 PM
Sunday, May 13, 2018
1) For the people who volunteered to play for the Baccalaureate service, you will need to meet at Chapel Hill Baptist Church by 6:30 to play at 7. Please dress in Concert attire and remember to take your instrument home after practice.
2) Thursday is Graduation. Report to the Band Room at 6 pm wearing Concert attire.
3) 2018 Color Guard members - I will be putting you on the Focus list this week to get you sized for next year's uniform.
4) I will be asking for Student info forms and Parent info forms for members of the 2018 Marching Band. Try to get those in this week. Also, if you can, try to get your $50 deposit for the Marching Band fee in so that we can go ahead and pay for some of the things for next year's field show that need to be bought before Band Camp begins.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 1:46 PM
Sunday, May 6, 2018
1) No rehearsals this week. Seniors - good luck on your final Final Exams!
2) The Report time for the Strawberry Festival is 8:15 on Friday. If you are meeting us there, be at Bailey Park by 9:30 am.
3) Band Banquet Saturday at 6 pm in the Cafeteria. Please have your $8.50 per plate turned in by Wednesday to pay for the caterer. Also, please send any pictures that you want included in the slideshow to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 4:11 PM
Sunday, April 29, 2018
1) Drumline Rehearsal Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:30
2) Guard Rehearsal Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:00.
3) Full Band Rehearsal Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00 for the parades.
4) Booster meeting Thursday at 6:30 pm.
5) The Teapot parade is Saturday. The itinerary was posted last week. If a student just wants to meet us there in Trenton instead of riding the bus, I will have a permission form to do that this week. They will need to take their uniform and instrument home Friday if they are planning on doing that.
6) The Band Banquet is May 12 at 6 pm. Cost will be $8.50 per plate. More information will be given at the Booster meeting on Thursday.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:07 PM