Sunday, April 26, 2020

Announcements 4/26/20

1)  Sectionals will work a little bit different this week.  I am only able to do it on Monday and Thursday this week and I wanted to approach them a little differently anyway.  This week is going to be more geared to next year's Marching Band, with us returning to the parade music next week (with the exception of percussion, who will continue working on the parade music this week during sectionals).  We will be watching a series of short videos about Body position and the vocabulary of Body visuals in the Marching Band.  In between each video will be opportunity for questions about anything we just watched.  I still plan on the sectional lasting 30-45 minutes.  This will mainly apply to  current 8th - 11th graders, but seniors are more than welcome to attend.  Monday - Brass at 11 am, Woodwinds at 1 pm.  Thursday - Guard at 11 am and Percussion at 1 pm. 

2)  I am trying to schedule our parade performance around whatever time is finalized to hold the graduation ceremony, whether it is in May, June, or July.  And my plan right now is to start at the Park and march down Middle School Rd.  That's really all of the semi-details I have, but I will update you as much as I can.

3)  I am still trying to finalize exactly how the Band Banquet could work. I hope to have definitive details by the end of this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment