Sunday, April 19, 2020

Announcements 4/19/20

1)  I have moved flags, rifles, and instruments to the Small Band Trailer for those of you who need to get those.  The trailer is parked in front of the band room in the parking lot.  I put enough flags for all current high schoolers and 8th graders to get one to practice with.  I put 4 snare drums and 2 quint drums for the students playing the Parade music.  And I put some mallets for the 8th grade percussionists to practice 4 mallet technique with.  And if you messaged me with a request to get your instrument or mouthpiece, I put those in there too.

2)  Wow!  The Zoom meeting went great on Friday!  The program maxes out at 100 people and when I last looked we had at 93 on there at once!  If you were unable to get on there, it might have been because we had maxed out our meeting.  That's why we are going to be doing it in sections this week.  Also, after talking to the seniors on Friday, they still want to go ahead with the Parade music for a potential Summer South Gibson area performance if the quarantine orders are lifted by then.  So keep working on the Parade music.  

3)  We are still trying to get full refunds from the NY trip from a couple of the businesses in New York.  It is a slower process than usual since everyone in every company we are working with is working from home.  Getting to talk to the managers is a lot more complicated and time-consuming!

4)  Here is how we are going to do Zoom  sectionals this week: Monday - Clarinets at 11 am and Alto Saxes at 1 pm, Tuesday - Baritone/Tuba at 11 am and Trumpets at 1 pm, Wednesday - Guard at 11 am and Trombone/Tenor Saxes at 1 pm, Thursday - Percussion at 11 am and French Horns at 1 pm, Friday - Flutes at 11 am.  Sectionals will last between 30-45 minutes. We will mainly be working Parade music but also use the time to just catch up and see each other.  8th graders in these sections are invited to be a part of the sectionals, even if it's just to observe.  We want to go ahead and start getting to know you guys!

5)  I am working on exactly how I want to do the Band Banquet this year, but here is what I do know - I want to do the Senior Wills and the Slide Show.  I am asking everyone who has good pictures from this year to send no more than 10 of those pictures to Amy Sorsoleil at lildsmom79@gmail.com.  Seniors, send me a pre-recorded video of your Senior Will and I will put it together into one video.  I will create a chat in the Band app for Seniors for you to upload your video.  This seems to work better than email because usually the video files are too big to email.

No comments:

Post a Comment