Sunday, April 5, 2020

Announcements 4/5/20

1)  I hope everyone is staying safe and paying heed to the safe distance recommendations that are out there.  This virus is not something to mess with.  As we begin another week of online school work, be diligent about your education and use the lessons given by the teachers to learn new things.  In fact, I encourage you to use some of this extra time most of us have to learn a new skill, such as sewing, changing the tire on a car, puppetry, or making youtube videos. 

2)  There are a lot of uncertainties over the next few weeks and months as far as the band schedule and procedures.  I am working on multiple ways of progressing, whether we get started back in May or don't get back until July.  I will communicate any changes in procedure as they happen.  Right now, the thing you need to look for is Tuesday when I post the 2020 Marching season information forms that you will need to fill out by Friday.  Also remember that I will post the 2020 Field Show at 7 pm on Tuesday!

3)  Percussion and Guard, right now I plan on having auditions in May.  Guard, I will have audition requirements sometime before that.  If that changes, I will let you know.  

4)  Leadership applications will also happen in May.  If that changes, I will let you know.

5)  This week, I want you to work on memorizing these selections of the Parade tunes as I still plan on performing these by the end of the school year:
Star Wars: Beginning to 85 (remember to skip from 20 to 77)
Tennessee Pride: Beginning to C
Percussion Cadence: Beginning to C

No comments:

Post a Comment