Monday, September 16, 2013
1) Report time for Friday is 5:15. We will practice with the Middle school 8th graders at 5:30 for the joint National Anthem. Homecoming activities will begin on the field at 6:30, and the game will start at 7:00
2) I am going to need a few more parents from here on out to help with the halftime show. I am adding the 4 props and the 2 cannons to the show this week. If you can help out, please let me know and I will find you Friday night and explain what I need you to do. I won't leave you lost and not knowing what to do.
3) I am changing the rehearsal next Tuesday (Sept 24) to a night rehearsal from 6-8 pm. This will give us a chance to have the parents practice with the props and cannons, and a chance for the band to rehearse on the actual football field before the first contest next Saturday. If you could possible help out with the props at any point this year, please try to make it to this rehearsal so you can learn where the props go and how they fit in to the show.
4) Seniors, remember that the videos and applications for the Scholarships at Division II State need to be postmarked by October 1st. That gives you about 2 weeks to get this done.
5) John and Heather Glenn-Hoekstra have begun to come to our school to give lessons to any wind instrument wanting to improve in private lessons. They still have openings to give lessons on Mondays here at the school. If anyone wants more info on private lessons or group lessons, please let me know.
6) David Watlington is running a room in the Haunted House this year, and has asked if we would like to help run it as a fundraiser. This is something that we did a few years ago, but the Middle School has been running it since then. They would need 4 or 5 people to help on the nights of October 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26, and 31. Obviously, this is during the St. Louis trip, a couple of football games and the Crockett County competition. We would need parents who are not able to go to these things but would still like to help the band in some way. If you are willing and able, please let me know.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 7:05 PM