Sunday, July 31, 2016
1) There will be no rehearsal this Tuesday. The first official afterschool rehearsal will be this Thursday from 3:30 to 5:30!
2) Make sure you are prepared every day to go outside during class or after school. I would keep an extra set of clothes and shoes in your cubby along with water. Try to keep as prepared as you were during Band Camp.
3) It looks like we will be taking pictures for the Football Program on Thursday at the beginning of after school rehearsal. Wear your Band T-shirts, tan-colored khaki bottoms (Pants or shorts), and tennis shoes. More details will be given Tuesday. Go ahead and invest in some khaki bottoms to wear at the first few Football games while the temperatures are still hot.
4) Band Booster meeting this Thursday at 6:30 pm. I will be asking for design/build teams, chaperones and pit crews, and will be making decisions on upcoming fundraisers.
5) Smart cards and money will be due back by this Friday, August 5. If you do not like selling things door to door or are just not good at doing that, I understand. We make $10 off each Smart Card we sell, which means if you bring in $100 for the 10 smart cards you were assigned, that still benefits us.
6) The Family and Friends T-shirt order and money will be due by next Wednesday, August 10.
7) Thank you to those who have been able to pay your band fees. I have been able to pay all of our bills so far. But as we continue into the season, we will need to spend more money on props, lyres, flags, sticks, etc. If you are able to pay your band fees and have not done so yet, please get those in ASAP!
8) Finally, one more! Sponsors for the trailers are due by next Wednesday. I originally said this Wednesday, but am extending it a week so that we can get one last push after the booster meeting this Thursday.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 3:32 PM