Sunday, January 17, 2016
1) Congratulations to all the students who went the extra mile, took the challenge, and tried out for All West Honor Band! We had 9 make it, 7 others chosen as alternates, and 1 chosen for All State Honor Band! I am so proud of every student who showed up to audition at this event!
2) Color Guard Disney Trip rehearsals start this Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00.
3) Jazz Band will meet this Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:30.
4) Mark these date for Band Camp 2016!: July 11-12 – Freshmen and Leadership 8-11 am, Perc/Guard 1-4 pm, July 13-15 – All Wind players 8-11 am, Perc/Guard 1-4 pm, July 18-22 – Everyone 7am-4 pm with lunch at 11:45- 1.
5) Students attending UT Martin Honor Band this weekend - Bring your luggage with you on Thursday. We will be leaving the school at 9:35 am and will eat lunch on the way. Make sure you pack nice clothes to wear for the concert.
6) Next Tuesday, January 26 will be a special 8th grade rehearsal with the Leadership Team from 6:30 to 8 pm in the Band Room. There will be a rehearsal in February for the whole band to welcome the 8th graders.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 7:14 PM