Sunday, October 19, 2014
1) A huge and heartfelt "Thank You!" to every student who worked their tail off without one complaint and to every parent who diligently worked their post while setting a great example with great attitudes and a sense of fun. There were absolutely no problems - NONE - from any of the jobs, any of the students, or any of the parents who were working! I heard compliment after compliment from directors, staff, and judges about how welcome we made them feel and how hospitable the atmosphere was. The event ran on time, even with one band showing up late (it was not their fault). I could not have asked for a better night for our first ever competition. There is a reason that many teachers brag about how good the band students and parents are. You are the best!
2) Drumline (not front ensemble) will have rehearsal tomorrow from 3:30 to 4:45. We have to clean up to get ready for a big showdown this weekend!
3) Report time Friday will be 5:45. Parents of Seniors: Be ready to escort your child to the field before the game starts for the Senior Night (I will let you know the exact time as soon as I find out if you haven't already been told). I have seen parents in the past really dress up, and I have also seen some in jeans. It is pretty much up to you what to wear. Band Seniors will wear their uniforms, but no hats - the ladies can dress up their hair and wear jewelry for the pictures.
4) Our performance time for the contest Saturday has been changed to 8:30 (it was originally 8 pm.) A new itinerary will be posted soon, but most of the times will still be the same, including the report time.
5) Have I told everyone "Thank you!" yet? Because, seriously, everyone was awesome Saturday.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 7:23 PM