Sunday, April 27, 2014
1) The Jazz Band Concert will be held in the Cafetorium Monday night at 6:30. If tornadoes or very strong storms are imminent, I will make the call to cancel it. But until then, the show is still on. Jazz Band students are to report at 6 pm wearing concert attire. Invite every one you know and tell them to bring their dancing shoes!
2) We are having our only afterschool practice for the parades this Tuesday. Students who are not in the class but are still marching the parades are expected to play their music by memory by Tuesday.
3) Band Booster meeting this Thursday. It will be the final meeting of the school year.
4) I need final numbers for the Band Banquet by Wednesday of this week. Please sign up by then. Money will be due early next week ($14 per plate for guests, high school band students are free.)
5) Pictures for the Band Banquet need to be sent to Tyler Delaney by this Friday. email@example.com
6) Itineraries for both Parades will be available starting tomorrow afternoon. I am giving students the option of meeting us at the parades this year. They can drive themselves (but with no passengers) or they can have their parents drop them off at the meeting place. I need to know who is doing this by Tuesday so that I can reserve the correct number of buses. If they choose to do this, they will be responsible for their uniform and instrument.
7) Leadership Team interviews will begin this week. Applications needs to be in by Tuesday.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:48 PM