Sunday, April 20, 2014
1) The last night rehearsal with 8th graders is this Tuesday, April 22 from 6:30 to 8:00. All band members are invited and encouraged to attend. And if you know any of the 8th graders, invite them. I invite them, but it is always better when you are the ones inviting them. Oh, and I will be passing out some of the 2014 Field Show music at this rehearsal as well.
2) The Spring Concert is this Thursday, April 24 at 7. Students are to report at 6:30 on stage for warm-up. Concert attire (no jeans, tennis shoes.) One thing that we will have to do this time is not only pick up all the chairs, but also take everything from the stage back to the Band Room after the concert. They will lock up the Cafeteria and start getting things ready for the prom as soon as we are done Thursday night.
3) Next Monday, April 28 will be the first stand alone Jazz Band Concert. We will start kind of small this year, but I want this to grow into more of a community event. We will be performing at the Medina park beside the small parking lot next to the playground. We will have a few chairs for spectators, but everyone is encourage to either bring your lawn chairs or simply stay on your feet and dance with the music. I will have a small portion of the Parking lot roped off as kind of a dance floor for anyone who gets the urge to do a little dance! The Jazz Band starts playing at 6:30, it will be free admission, and we will play until the sun goes down.
4) I forgot to get the Band Banquet sign out sheet last week with everything going on, but will definitely have it out this week. Please sign up so we know how many to plan for.
5) Don't forget to send your Band Banquet pictures to Tyler Delaney (delaney91797
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 7:30 PM