Sunday, December 15, 2013
1) Christmas concert tomorrow night at 7 pm. Free admission, everyone is invited. Band students need to be there at 6:30 for warm-up. Concert attire: no jeans, hats, guys wear a collared shirt, ladies if you wear a dress keep it conservative.
2) Everyone is invited to bring finger foods for the reception immediately after the concert. Bring them backstage before the concert begins. We will have tables set up. Everyone is also invited to stay and eat after we have put the tables back out for school the next day.
3) The Final Exam this week is to play all 12 scales and the chromatic scale memorized. We have been working these scales every day during class, so there is no excuse not to know them by now.
4) A big "Thank You!" to everyone who helped out with the Breakfast with Santa. It ran very smooth and was in my opinion a success. It is great to do this as a fundraiser, but even more it is a just a small way to give back to the community that supports us. Speaking of which...
5) Another "Thank You!" to all of those who brought canned goods for the Band's entry in the Canned Creation competition. Please feel free to go to the main foyer of the school before or after the concert tomorrow night to see the creation. Also, it is never too late to bring more canned goods tomorrow. All of these will go to a good cause.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 7:03 PM