Sunday, December 1, 2013
1) We originally moved our Booster meeting to This Tuesday at 6:30 to avoid conflicts with the school play on Thursday. Now the 6th grade concert that was originally scheduled for last Tuesday has been moved to this Tuesday because of the weather last week. That means we need to push the meeting to 7:30 (but still on Tuesday) and make it a quick one. The main thing we will be talking about is the Breakfast with Santa on Dec. 14.
2) Jazz Band meets this Monday after school. It will return to Tuesday next week.
3) For those trying out for All-West, I will need the $10 audition fee by the end of this week.
4) We have afterschool rehearsal for the parade this Thursday. It should be pretty quick. The only reason to have it is to get the percussion in with the band since they are in separate classes. There will be plenty of time for those that are in the play to get ready before show time.
5) This Saturday is the parade. We will have a bus here for those who need to ride it. For those riding the bus, report time is 2:30 in the Band Room. For those who can find their own way there, you will need to meet at the Lighthouse church at 3 pm. You will need to take your uniform home with you Friday and show up dressed in uniform. Instruments will be brought on the instrument trailer to the church. All students will be wearing Santa hats. Also, it is supposed to be cold Saturday, so wear something warm underneath the uniforms.
6) Last Tuesday, we set up the annual Band Christmas Tree in the Band Room. As we have done in the past, we will begin collecting canned goods to participate in the Beta Club's Canned Creation competition. Bring in canned goods over the next couple of weeks, and we will be able to build a big creation, but more importantly do our part to help out those in need this holiday season.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 8:24 PM