Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Announcements 3/27

1. Concert Festival This Friday. Students need to wear concert attire to school that morning. We will leave right after the first bell rings and be back by fourth block. They will need to bring money for lunch (fast food). If you want to come to Liberty High School in Jackson TN to watch us, feel free. Admission is free, and we perform in the Auditorium at 10:55. I suggest getting there by 10:30.
We will receive ratings (I- Superior, II - Excellent, III - Good, etc) from three judges. They will then average those scores for a composite. We will then move to a Sight-Reading room and receive a rating from a judge in there. Unfortunately, parents and audience members are not allowed into the sight-reading room (it is simply too small). We are going for straight I's (I, I, I, composite I, Sight-Reading I). Last year, we received a II, III, II for a composite of II, and received a II in sight-reading. I look to improve on that.
2. Beauty Pageant is Saturday. Workers need to be here at 9 am. I will have band students volunteer for at least one thing to bring: home baked goods, water, canned drinks, condiments, hot dogs/buns. Ask them what they volunteered for. Also, see the previous email with the booster minutes for more details about this event. We will take applications all the way up to the starting time. So it is not to late for someone to be in this pageant.
3. I have to add two rehearsals for the Parades since we have a few people that are not in class that are participating with us. Those two added rehearsals will be Thursday May 3 from 3:15 to 5:15, and Monday May 7 from 3:15 to 5:15.
4. The next Booster meeting will be next Thursday April 5. More information about that meeting will soon follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment