Sunday, March 22, 2020

Announcements 3/22/20

1)  I hope everyone is staying safe and not going crazy yet.  Last week was very stressful and I know there is still a lot of uncertainty about the next few weeks.  Please thank your teachers for continuing to adapt how they teach and provide instruction.  They are, on the fly, having to completely rethink how to teach.  I encourage you to do the work assigned, not for the grade, but for the continuation of learning.  The grades will work themselves out and I can assure you that teachers and administration are working hard to make sure that grades will not be unfairly affected.  You must do your part, though, and complete the work assigned to you. 

2)  Neither the Teapot Parade nor the Strawberry Festival have been cancelled yet.  I am keeping daily tabs on their websites and looking for emails from both parties.  I will tell you that I want to perform these two parade songs.  If the parades are cancelled, it will become my goal to march a parade somewhere by the time the Seniors graduate, even if it's down the streets of Medina.  I want to give the seniors their final performance.  That being said, here are your memorization assignments for this week:
Star Wars - beginning to 20, memorized by Friday.
Tennessee Pride - beginning to letter B, memorized by Friday
Percussion Cadence - beginning to letter B, memorized by Friday.
I am not asking for videos of you playing the excerpts yet, but it could happen if we are still out of school in April.  
Color Guard - we are working on the routine now and will have videos ASAP.

3)  Nothing in April has been cancelled yet.  That includes the Spring Concert, the Jazz Concert, and the Fall Kickoff meeting on April 7.  Band, keep working on the concert tunes including the new one that was handed out Friday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment