Sunday, March 15, 2020

Announcements 3/15/20

1)  It was with a heavy heart that the decision was made not to go to New York, but ultimately it would have been irresponsible to send the students to New York in the current situation and put them at risk for sickness.  Seniors, I am sorry this is happened during your final year, but I want you to know how much you have meant to me and this program during your tenure here.  You have continued to carry the tradition of excellence and pushed the band to even newer heights.  I ask now that everyone be patient as we begin the process of recouping our funds as much as possible over the next few weeks.  I will keep you updated during the process.

2)  Tomorrow's NY rehearsal has been cancelled, but I am going to keep the Jazz Band Rehearsal on Tuesday.  Monday's are usually when teachers have called staff meetings and the odds of a meeting happening tomorrow are high, I am sure.

3)  The mattress fundraiser is the Saturday!  I am going to be sending out lots of reminders and marketing information out this week as we let the community know about our first fundraiser geared toward the Rose Parade.  I will also be asking for a few student volunteers to stand outside the school on Saturday to help publicize the event throughout the day.  

4)  I want to congratulate the Band again on their accomplishment at Concert Festival last Thursday.  Such a great concert! It made it into the top 4 highlights of this school year! 

5)  Happy Pi Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment