Sunday, November 8, 2015
1) We will begin the transition to Christmas music this week. Chair Tryouts will be at the end of this week, and parade music will be passed out at the beginning of the week.
2) We will be performing at the Veteran's Day program in the high school gym at 1 pm. We will be playing the Star Spangled Banner and Procession of the Chosen. Please invite any Veterans that you know!
3) Jazz Band will start next Monday. It is open to anyone who wants to try it out. It meets every Monday after school from 3:30 to 4:30. We will work up one song for the Christmas Concert and go ahead and start looking at music for next year.
4) I need all Fruit and Yankee Candle orders by Friday. This is especially important for Yankee Candle as the representative explained at the Booster meeting that we are on the very edge of getting the items in before Christmas Break.
5) Parents, I want to thank you for all the wonderful support you have given the band this season. It is beyond words trying to explain the appreciation that the band has for all the work of the pit crew, the cheering crew in the stands, the parents who help fix uniforms and make sure we are all taken care of as we prepare for performances, the drivers, the loaders, and everyone in between. Thank you for being there for your kids. It means the world to them and to their directors!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:55 PM