Sunday, July 26, 2015
1) What a great week of Band Camp! Parents, you should be proud of how hard your children worked and what they were able to get done! Percussion and Guard will meet this Tuesday from 6-8 pm. Thursday's practice has been cancelled due to Freshmen Orientation that is scheduled at 6:30 that night. For everyone else, remember that we start our normal Tuesday/Thursday 3:30-5:30 rehearsals next Tuesday after school. Remember to have a change of clothes at the end of every school day - prepare to go outside during Band class every day.
2) Shirt orders and money will be due by the end of the first week of school.
3) Smart Cards and money will be due by the end of the first week of school.
4) Booster meeting next Thursday, Aug. 6 at 6:30 in the Band Room. All parents are invited. Booster meetings are the first Thursday of every month unless otherwise noted.
5) The Jackson Youth Symphony is having auditions this Saturday, Aug. 1 starting at 9 am at Jennings Hall, Union University. Some of our former and current students have done this before and have loved it! One of the great benefits is having a side-by-side concert with the Jackson Symphony. If you are interested, you can go to "http://thejacksonsymphony.org/web/page.aspx?title=Youth+Orchestra" for more info. This is includes the application, audition excerpts, and other info. There is a $10 application fee for the audition. They have rehearsals on Thursday nights, and you would have time to get to them after our rehearsals are over. Email me if you have any questions. If you need a solo for the audition, you can come by the Band room and get one.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 11:58 AM