Sunday, May 17, 2015
1) On Monday, there will be a sendoff at 2:30 for the Softball Team and Sam Wehner as they head toward the Spring Fling State Tournaments. The Band will be a part of that sendoff in the gym by playing the fight song and a couple of "Ye Olde Standards" such as Also Sprach and Hey Song. All Band students, including those not in class this semester, are welcome to bring your instrument and play at this sendoff.
2) There will be an introductory design committee meeting this Tuesday at 6:30 pm in the Ban Room for those parents interested in designing and building the props for this year's field show.
3) Student information sheets will be passed out this week and will need to be turned back in by Thursday. If you are not in class, come by the band room and pick those up off the table. Also, try to get in those parent info sheets by Thursday as well.
4) I am putting together a sign-up list for the DCI show on July 24. I am giving the option of making the bus ride optional. If you want to get yourself up there or travel as a family, you can still purchase the tickets through the band and we will be able to sit together at the event. If you want to ride the charter bus, you will need to pay $40, which is probably as much gas money as you will use to get up there anyway. Cost for the tickets are $20 a piece. By Thursday, I will need to get a close estimate of how many plan on riding the charter bus(es) so that I can go ahead and reserve those.
5) If you still have your uniform at home from the Strawberry Festival, please bring those in this week so that we can them in inventory!
6) Remember that the first summer Rehearsal is June 3. If you have not picked up your field show music for next year, come by the Band Room and get it.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:32 PM