Sunday, March 15, 2015
1) A huge "Thank you!" to the people who worked at the Miss Harmony Pageant this weekend. It went off without a hitch, and everyone worked together great! Jazz Band - you guys are Awesome! Thank you for putting in extra time to perform for members of the community who would never hear us otherwise. You were great ambassadors of the Band and of SGC.
2) Jazz Band Rehearsal this Tuesday. We will be looking at some new music as we now work toward our April 16 concert.
3) Guard afterschool rehearsals begin this week for the Parades. It will be every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30 to 5:30 from now until the Strawberry Festival.
4) Afterschool rehearsal for the Band this Thursday from 3:30 to 5 pm to get ready for the Concert Festival. I plan on having a guest to come in and critique us.
5) Solo and Ensemble this Saturday at 9:20 am at Northside HS. You will need to find your own way there. Remember to dress nice. I will give you a little time during class to work on this music, but most of this needs to be done in your own time.
6) If you don't know already - Make plans to attend the Band Booster meeting at 6 pm on Tuesday April 7. This is the 2015 kickoff meeting where Fall Calendars will be given out, information sheets will be renewed, and the 2015 show will be revealed!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:23 PM