Sunday, February 22, 2015
1) I have had a few students ask if they could come to the Band Room and practice tomorrow for college auditions and for the Ensemble concert on Thursday. That is a great thing to be asked, so I will opening up the Band Room from 10 to 11:30 am tomorrow (Monday) for anyone that wishes to come by and practice. If you want to coordinate with your ensemble to meet there, go ahead. This is in no way mandatory, it is just a chance for you to get out of the house for a little while and maybe even get something done.
2) I really enjoy the days off, but at this rate we may get out of school the day before Band Camp starts. Speaking of Band Camp (great segue, I know!), the school calendar has been approved and I can give you the official dates for band camp for next year. There have been a couple of small revisions to the dates I gave at the last booster meeting so make sure to double check the dates:
2015 Band Camp Dates! July 13, 14 - Freshmen, Guard, Percussion and Leadership Team 8-noon; July 15 - 17 - Everyone 8-11:30, Guard and Percussion come back from 1-4; July 20-23 - Everyone 7am - 5pm; July 24 - Everyone 7am - noon with the optional DCI trip that afternoon/night.
3) Butter Braids will be due whenever we return. Keep selling them until then and don't forget about them!
4) The 8th grade rehearsal is still planned for Tuesday night from 6:30 to 8. All Band members are still invited to come meet next year's Freshmen! If we happen to be out of school Tuesday, I will come back with a separate announcement on the state of that rehearsal.
5) The Ensemble concert is still on for Thursday night. Report time is at 6 pm, the concert starts at 7 pm in the Cafetorium. Concert attire (no jeans or hats please. We want to look nice at our concerts!)
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 5:35 PM