Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Milan EVENT

So this Milan game is going to be a big night for many reasons: 1) It's 8th grade night. They will join us for the National Anthem and pep songs. I think they will be pumped for band after this experience! 2) We are doing concessions! I need as many parents there as I can get. All we do is show up, throw the burgers on the grill, and sell the food. We do not have to buy the food or plan in any way. I just need people to man the stations. It will take about 10-12 parents (a lot at the main concession, and at least two at the drinks-only Pepsi trailer they are bringing in for this game). My goal is to have about 24 parents sign up - that way we can switch out between halves. I realize this means some of you will not get to see the field show, but there will be plenty of shows later (and they will be cleaned up by then). I will have one parent recording the show from the pressbox, and I will put that on youtube or the website ASAP so that you can see it. Besides, a lot of bands have to do concessions at all the game, including buying the food and preparing everything, so this isn't really that bad. 3) I still need 4 parents to sell pom-poms, 2 at each gate. I have ordered orange pom poms that we will sell with the blue ones this Friday night 4) We will be doing the full show with props Friday night. I will need 8-10 parents to help carry them on and off the field ( I will also accept little brothers and sisters and friends, etc.) For this reason, I am changing Thursday's rehearsal to a night rehearsal from 6-8 pm. We will not have an after-school rehearsal from 3:15 to 5:15, we will only have the one that night. We need this so that the parents who plan on helping with the props can know what to do. We will not have another performance before the first contest since next week is the bye week for the football team, so I want to go ahead and get the logistics as organized as possible for this performance. As you can see, I am going to need everybody and then some. I appreciate all the work that you are putting in this year, as we continue to step it up a notch as a school and as a band!

No comments:

Post a Comment