Sunday, June 12, 2016
1) The second summer rehearsal will be this Wednesday, June 15. We saw last week just how challenging the music is, so keep practicing. It is going to sound awesome with a 114 piece band playing it!
2) I have two Band Camp staff members that need a place to stay during the full week of Band Camp (July 18-22). They are college students coming in from way out of town and don’t need to drive back and forth every day during that week. Please let me know if you are willing/able to house one of them during that week.
3) We talked at the Booster meeting last week about possibly hosting the 2016 WTSBOA Marching Festival this year. However, it was decided over the weekend during the WTSBOA Executive Board meeting to keep it at Liberty since Mrs. Henning is going to be staying at the school in a semi-administrative position. This will give continuity to the event instead of it changing places so often in a such a short time.
4) It’s never too early to look for water on sale for this coming Marching Season. Some parents mentioned at the meeting that they have seen some good deals such as the Rural King in Martin.
5) It’s also never too early to look for sponsors for the new trailer we just bought. Later this week I will be posting the Sponsor form.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:57 PM