Sunday, January 18, 2015
1) Congratulations to Reese, Jolina, Cameron, Riley, Noah N, Allen, and Braydon for making the All-West Honor Band! Lauren, Trevor, Danielle, Seth, Malory, and Sarah were also selected as alternates! Reese made 1st chair Orchestra and 2nd chair Wind Ensemble, making All-State in both categories and chose to be a part of the All State Orchestra. A Super Congratulations to all these and all the others who chose to challenge and improve themselves by auditioning for All West!
2) The students who were selected for UT Martin Honor Band will leave this Thursday morning after first block. Bring your luggage to school with you and leave it in the Band Room when you get there. Then, after first block, report to the Band Room to load up on the bus that will take us to UT Martin. We will eat lunch on the way up there. Make sure you pack concert attire for Saturday's performance.
3) The Jazz Band will perform at the March 14 Miss Harmony beauty pageant. Therefore, we will go ahead and start rehearsing this Tuesday and continue every Tuesday from here on out.
4) It is official: Next Spring, the Band will be taking a trip to Disney World! We will begin fundraising next month. Also, we will be getting more specifics about dates, cost, and payment schedules next month.
5) Students who made All-West and alternates - be prepared to wear nice clothes on Wednesday to take a picture for the All-West program.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:14 PM